A cosy mountain village near Salzburg with extensive intermediate slopes.
Schladming’s slogan is Gemütlichkeit. The Magic of the Mountains. In Austrian, Gemütlichkeit means coziness. That perfectly describes this tiny mountain village nestled in Austria’s Schladming-Ramsau/Dachstein sports region of the Enns Valley.
The town features two mountains between Reiteralm (1,960 meters/6,430 feet) and Hauser Kaibling (2,015 meters/6,610 feet):
- Planai (1,894 meters/6,213 feet)
- Hochwurzen (1,850 meters/6,069 feet)
This creates a four-mountain, inter-linked skier’s paradise.
Both mountains offer some of the longest uninterrupted runs in Europe:
- Fis run – 4.6-kilometer (2.8-mile)
- Hochwurzen Valley run – 7.7-kilometer (4.7-mile) Suitable even the fittest skiers looking for one of the many slope-side restaurants for a quick break.
Schladming is only 90 kilometers (60 miles) away from Salzburg’s international airport. It is easily reached by train or bus. The train ride is a breathtaking voyage through rustic valleys where woodfire smoke hangs suspended over the village roofs by the colder winds blowing across the towering mountain ranges.
- New lifts have linked extensive but previously fragmented slopes
- Excellent slopes for intermediates
- Extensive snowmaking operation and superb piste maintenance
- Very sheltered slopes, among trees
- Close to snowsure Obertauern and Dachstein glacier
- Lots of good mountain restaurants
- Charming town with friendly people and a life independent of tourism
- New Ski Alliance Amadé lift ticket cover wide range of nearby resorts
95 Miles Of Pistes
Top Lift: 1850m
Vertical Drop: 1105m
Bottom Lift: 745m
7 X Gondolas
14 X Chairlifts
65 X Drag-Lifts
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE THE FULL SKI MAP
Skiing is our passion!
Our Ski Travel Experts will build your ultimate experience in the snow.