Charming resort, great scenery, great for a stress free family holiday.
Villars is on a wooded, sunny plateau above the Rhône Valley. It is about halfway between Martigny and the Chateau de Chillon end of Lake Geneva, so it offers various activities. You can find a fine balance between recreation and relaxation.
Ever since the famous Orient Express arrived here, visitors to Villars have enjoyed the healthy air and it is on the natural balcony it rests on. At about 1,300 meters (4,225 feet) in the heart of the Vaud Alps, this idyllic setting has stunning views stretching from Lake Geneva to Mont Blanc.
There are 52 runs which are 50 percent beginner, 42 percent intermediate and eight percent advanced, so winter sports fans can enjoy the wide range of attractions the area offers.
- 125 kilometers (78 miles) of skiing terrain.
- Les Diablerets glacier, about 20 kilometers (13 miles) from Villars for sports enthusiasts looking for a challenge
- Four glaciers in the area available for heliskiing
- Thermal baths (Lavey-les-Bains) for those in search of relaxation
- Family programs that cater to adults and kids so children too can enjoy their stay
- Pleasant, relaxing year-round resort
- Fairly extensive intermediate slopes linked to Les Diablerets
- Good beginner areas
- Quite close to Geneva airport
- Good range of off-slope diversions
Elevation: 3445 ft – 9843 ft
Capacity: 10,260 Persons/Hr.
T-Bar Lifts: 19
Chair Lifts: 11
Aerial Cableways: 3
Magic Carpets: 2
Overall Slope Length: 69.6 miles
Easy: 34.2 miles
Moderate: 27.3 miles
Advanced: 8.1 miles
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE THE FULL SKI MAP
Skiing is our passion!
Our Ski Travel Experts will build your ultimate experience in the snow.