Simply the world’s most beautiful winter playground.
Nowhere is more picturesque than chic Cortina. Furthermore, this is the most upmarket of Italian resorts. Dramatic pink-tinged peaks rise sheerly from the top of the slopes. They also give picture-postcard views from wherever you are.
Cortina’s slopes are perfect for its regular upmarket visitors from Rome and Milan. Many of them have second homes here and enjoy the strolling, shopping, people-watching and lunching as much as the odd leisurely excursion on to the slopes.
For beginners and leisurely intermediates, the splendid beginner slopes are ideal. They are long, easy and above all, well-groomed.
However, for keen slope-bashers, Cortina’s fragmented areas may not be great. However, access to the Sella Ronda and other Dolomiti Super-ski resorts is good compensation. We recommend you do that by car.
For experts, there are few tough runs, and the best of those are liable to poor snow conditions and closure because they face south.
The winter sports offering in Cortina includes the FREE DOLOMITES – certainly unlimited fun for adrenaline junkies:
- perfect slopes for all levels and techniques
- the most vertical black slope in the entire Dolomiti Superski area for those who want to put their skiing to the ultimate test
- a brand new snowpark for freestyle skiers
- the most beautiful ski-touring routes in the Dolomites
- breathtaking off-piste skiing
- trend sports such as snow-kiting, ice-driving, heli-skiing, ice-climbing, winter Vie Ferrate and much more
However, for fans of the Slow Life philosophy, SLOW DOLOMITES – Nature that moves you
- interesting cross-country trails
- magical snowshoe excursions in the fabled forests of the Ampezzo Dolomites Nature Park
- Slow-Ski, the latest ski trend for Nature-lovers on dedicated slopes in the Faloria ski area, equipped with relaxation areas and benches where skiers can take a break and enjoy the Dolomite panorama.
- Magnificent Dolomite scenery because they are perhaps the most dramatic of any winter resort
- Marvelous beginner slopes and good long cruising runs, ideal for nervous intermediates
- Access to the vast area. Dolomite Super ski pass covers it
- Attractive, although rather towny, resort, with lots of upmarket shops
- Good off-slope facilities
- Remarkably uncrowded slopes
VERTICAL DROP: 5793ft
PISTES: 75 mi
SKIABLE TERRAIN: 105 acres
LONGEST RUN: 75 mi
LONGEST RUN: 4 mi
INTERMEDIATE RUNS: 38%
ADVANCED RUNS: 46%
EXPERT RUNS: 17%
SNOW MAKING: 80 ac
LYFT SYSTEM: 39 total
1 high-speed six
10 quad chairs
5 triple chairs
12 double chairs
6 surface lifts
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO SEE THE FULL SKI MAP
Skiing is our passion!
Our Ski Travel Experts will build your ultimate experience in the snow.