Twin attractions of snow and fun.
Les Deux Alpes is famous for its two distinct seasons: winter and summer. Both are alive with activity and great skiing, but for different reasons. Winter is fantastic for freeride skiing and the summer comes alive with a world famous boardpark on the glacier attracting freestyle skiers.
Whatever type of skier you are, Les Deux Alpes is a key destination for the ease of location and budget, slopes to challenge every level of skier, and the village’s friendliness and love of a good party. And since it is a glacial resort, Les Deux Alpes has an excellent snow record.
Nowhere else in the French Alps has such a variety of clubs, pubs, and après-ski fun. Every night is a good night out. And this rings true for singles, couples, friends, and families alike.
It takes only 20 minutes to walk from one side of town to the other, so you are never far from the nearest lift or your hotel. And if you don’t feel like walking, just take one of the free buses circling the town. Les Deux Alpes is easy to get around, and better yet, nothing you need or want is too far away.
- High, snow sure slopes, including an extensive glacier area
- Varied high-mountain terrain, from motorway cruising to seriously steep blacks and off-slope slopes
- Efficient, modern lift system
- Excellent, sunny beginner slopes
- Stunning views of the Ecrins peaks
- Lively, varied nightlife
- Wide choice of hotels
- Slope network modest by French mega-resort standards – we’re skeptical about the claimed 200 km – and badly congested in places
- Only one easy run back to the resort – a busy zigzag path; others are red or black, and often ruined by sun
- Virtually no woodland runs
- Spread-out, traffic-choked resort
- Few appealing mountain restaurants