Simply the world’s most beautiful winter playground.
Nowhere is more picturesque than chic Cortina. this is the most upmarket of Italian resorts. Dramatic pink-tinged peaks rise sheerly from the top of the slopes, giving picture-postcard views from wherever you are.
Cortina’s slopes are perfect for its regular upmarket visitors from Rome and Milan. many of them have second homes here and enjoy the strolling, shopping, people-watching and lunching as much as the odd leisurely excursion on to the slopes.
For beginners and leisurely intermediates, the splendid beginner slopes and long, easy, well-groomed runs are ideal.
For keen slope-bashers, Cortina’s fragmented areas may not be great. However, access to the Sella Ronda and other Dolomiti Super-ski resorts is good compensation. We recommend you do that by car.
For experts, there are few tough runs, and the best of those are liable to poor snow conditions and closure because they face south.
- Magnificent Dolomite scenery – perhaps the most dramatic of any winter resort
- Marvelous beginner slopes and good long cruising runs, ideal for nervous intermediates
- Access to the vast area covered by the Dolomite Super ski pass
- Attractive, although rather towny, resort, with lots of upmarket shops
- Good off-slope facilities
- Remarkably uncrowded slopes