Iceland – Europe’s Land Of Fire & Ice!
5 day program reserved for single people only
Iceland is a volcanic island located in the North Atlantic Ocean, 300 km east of Greenland and 900 km west of Norway. The main island, which lies south of the Arctic Circle, covers an area of 103,000 km, which is roughly the size of the U.S. state of Virginia or slightly bigger than Ireland.
Iceland is a land sculpted by lava and ice, where geysers burst and glaciers gleam and emerald valleys stretch all the way to the ocean. On an exhilarating journey, encounter this wonderland of geological extremes close up and experience the mighty forces still shaping the landscape!
Dates: NOVEMBER 4-9, 2017.
Place of Departure: Reykjavik
$1,619 per person based on 2 people
NOTE: TRIPLE ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE BASED UPON REQUEST
SINGLE OCCUPANCY SUPPLEMENT: $400.00
NOTE: TRIPLE ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE BASED UPON REQUEST
Your Package Includes:
- 4 night lodging including tax and breakfast at the following hotels (or similar):
- 2 nights Reykjavik at 4* Hotel Reykjavik Centrum
- 2 nights at 3* Hotel Hvolsvöllur
- All transfers where noted
- 2x 3-course dinners or buffet style at Hotel Hvolsvöllur or similar including coffee/tea table water
- 1x 2 course lunch in Vik or similar incl. coffee/tea and table water
- 1x lunch buffet at Hotel Geysir including coffee/tea and table water
- Breakfast upon arrival
- Bathing fee at the Blue Lagoon and a use of towel
- Entrance to Skógar Folk Museum
- Entrance to Thorvaldseyri exhibition and documentary (note this site is not open during weekends)
- Entrance fee to Tomato Greenhouse with tomato taste and introduction
- Northern Lights tour in an open scheduled tour (can be repeated in case of no sightings)
- Tour manager at group’s disposal
Your Package Doesn’t Include:
- Travel insurance (highly recommended at 6% of total cost)
- Airport transfers if not arriving or departing with group suggested flights
- Beverages, snack, lunches, dinners unless otherwise noted
- Room outside of normal check-in/check-out times
- Porterage at airport and hotels
- Gratuities for the guides and the drivers
- Optional excursions, activities, museums or pre and post trips not mentioned above
- Any service not specifically listed under “included”
- Unforeseen admission to nature sites
To be advised.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Tour activity level is medium to high (hiking, walking)
- Group schedules, hotels and activities subject to change at any time
- Group meals are pre-chosen. We can accommodate allergies and intolerances only
- Please review hotels on tripadvisor prior to booking to ensure you are comfortable with choices
- Rooms sizes are based on European standards and are considerably smaller than Western standards
DAY 1 November 5, 2017- Reykjavik City Tour, Village of Hvolsvöllur, Search for the Northern Lights
Welcome Dinner Reception with wine/beer at a Grillmarkadurinn (the Grill Market)
DAY 2 November 6, 2017 – South Shore Adventure
DAY 3 November 7, 2017 – Gullfoss, Geysir, Þingvellir, Search for the Northern Lights
of Þingvellir, visit the site of the world’s oldest democratic parliament founded in 930 AD, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the stunning canyon that runs through the park, stand on the dividing fault line between two of the earth’s tectonic plates. Lunch en route. At Friðheimar cultivation center you’ll be astounded by the magic behind growing delicious, pesticide-free tomatoes and cucumbers with the aid of geothermal heat. A short and informative talk is followed by a tomato tasting. Return to Reykjavik with time to relax before this evening’s open scheduled tour to the countryside to continue your quest for the Northern Lights*
DAY 4 November 8, 2017 – The Blue Lagoon
A truly unique experience awaits you today at the spectacular Blue Lagoon, a unique natural pool of mineral rich geothermal water located in the middle of a lava field. The high levels of silica and minerals give the Lagoon its vibrant rich blue color. After breakfast this morning, depart for the Blue Lagoon to enjoy a refreshing bath or swim in the pleasantly warm water reputed for its healing properties. The facilities include modern changing rooms and showers, an indoor geothermal pool, an on-site restaurant featuring local favorites and boutiques with seawater products to take back home. Return to Reykjavik in the afternoon. Tonight, you are free to catch up on last minute shopping, or perhaps enjoy a dinner out at one of Reykjavik’s fine restaurants
DAY 6 November 9, 2017 – Depart Iceland
*Please note, Northern Lights tours are subject to correct weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. If the tour is cancelled locally, another Northern Lights tour will be offered on the evening of Day 5.
Deposit and Payment Policy:
Alpine Adventures will collect all deposits, fees and final payments per the schedule below:
Initial Deposit: $650 per person to confirm program.
Second Deposit: May 1, 2017 – 50% of package cost.
Final Payment: September 1, 2017 – Final Balance.
Airfare is completely nonrefundable once tickets have been issued. For any changes to dates or itinerary once tickets have been issued, a $75 service fee plus any applicable airline imposed fees will apply.
Travel Cancellation and Refunds
We strongly encourage purchasing travel insurance at 6% of the total cost.
- Cancellation refundable within 5 days of initial deposit paid less service fee of $100
- Cancellation outside 90 days = 80% charge of the deposit paid
- Cancellation inside 90 days = 100% nonrefundable
Contact us for more details:
Marion Livet Johnson
call 954-564-6722 ext208 or